I’m from the south, where sweet tea, pimento cheese, rocking chairs, and lightning bugs mean it’s just another day in God’s country. Here in the south we love our potlucks, pig pickins, church socials, and family get togethers. Besides fried chicken and mashed potatoes, you’ll always find at least one bowl heaped full of banana pudding at one of these gatherings. I figured there’s a better way to enjoy this family favorite – and why not pump up the protein and pare down the calories while I’m at it.
Whip up my Banana Pudding Protein Smoothie in minutes and enjoy the comforting flavor of a down-home country classic for only 4 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 1 scoop of 100 calorie vanilla protein mix (I use Designer Whey French Vanilla)
- 1 large banana
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Sugar Free, Fat Free Vanilla Jello Pudding Mix
- 1 cup water
- whipped topping (optional)
- vanilla wafers (optional)
- Cut banana into slices and freeze. Once frozen, toss in blender. Add protein mix, pudding mix powder, and 1 cup water. Blend well. Top with whipped topping or vanilla wafers if desired.