When the air turns crisp, and the leaves start to change…I start to get excited. This means that not only are the holidays just around the corner, but it is SOUP weather! I love a good hearty soup. Not the ones out the can (those will do in a pinch), but a good hearty bubbling concoction that makes the whole house smell yummy.
That’s one of the many reasons I love this soup, plus the fact that it is only 3 Points Plus per serving, it is super easy, and it only takes 3 ingredients and about 15 minutes!
This is my take on the Weight Watchers Potato Soup recipe that has been circulating around meeting rooms for years.
It’s so simple. You mix your dry ingredients first, then stir in your liquid.
- 1 Packet Pioneer Brand No Fat Country Gravy Mix
- 20 oz Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 32 oz Fat Free & Lower Sodium Chicken Broth
- Empty gravy mix and hash browns into a large pot. Stir together.
- Next, empty the chicken broth into the pot and mix well. The mixture will be very light in color, and thin.
- Simmer over medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and the soup starts to thicken. I also know it is ready when the color turns a darker shade (like in the finished product up top).
Products I used:
Pioneer Brand No Fat Country Gravy Mix. I have had trouble finding this locally, but it is available on Amazon.com
Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns. These are in the refrigerator section. You can use the “regular” Simply Potatoes, but I really enjoy the flavor from the Southwest variety. If these are out of stock, I will use the regular and then use a Southwest seasoning.
Serves 6 (1 cup serving) 3 P+ per serving (P+ calculated using brands mentioned above.)